Wilson Files for Re-Election

Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8, 2010

Today, Congressman Charlie Wilson filed his petitions for candidacy for the 6th Congressional District. Wilson, first elected to the seat in 2006, is running for his third term. After filing his petitions, Congressman Wilson released the following statement:

“It has been one of the great honors of my life to represent the people of the 6th District. I was born in this area, raised my family here, and ran a successful local business here for over 40 years. I take the values and lessons that I’ve learned here to Washington with me each week. Though our country is facing difficult times, I know that applying Ohioans' common sense approach to our national problems will result in real progress and real solutions.

Our area faces many challenges, but among our largest is a lack of jobs. We need to get people back to work, and I will continue to do my part to make that happen. I pledge to keep working with our small businesses to expand their opportunities and allow for job creation. I will work with our universities and community colleges to expand workforce development opportunities. And I will continue to partner with economic development resources at the local, state, and federal level to show off our area’s people and products while expanding their business reach.

On a national level, we face a number of challenges as well. I will continue to work for specific national policies that I believe will help our area, our people, and our industries, but I also want to focus on our country’s long-term financial security. For me, that means taking a hard look at deficit spending. I take my role as a fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrat seriously, and I look forward to coming up with common sense solutions that will not burden our children and grandchildren with outrageous debt.

I am asking the people of the 6th District for another term in Congress. They guide my work, my conscience and my actions, and I take the responsibility of representing them very seriously. I look forward to returning to Congress in order to continue fighting for the working families of our area.”

The 6th District covers 12 counties in Southeastern Ohio running along the Ohio River: Mahoning, Columbiana, Jefferson, Belmont, Monroe, Noble, Washington, Athens, Meigs, Gallia, Lawrence and Scioto.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Register Publishing, Inc. | 102 Putnam Street, Marietta, OH 45750 | 740-373-3791

© 2010 The Marietta Register | Design by OOruc.com